Friday 8 July 2016

Lake Bled! Relax and Unwind...


Ah Lake Bled. What a beautiful, enchanting little place.  It reminded me so much of Windermere in the Lake District back home, which I spend a lot of time at. It was quite nice to feel a little bit of home here, and the weather most certainly made me feel at home. I was greeted to a weekend of rain and thunder for the entirety of my trip!

It was lovely to have a few days feeling completely disconnected from the rest of the world. And it is so nice when travelling, to get a few days in between the running around to just relax and do nothing at all.

Where did I stay and how long for?

I chose to stay in another Airbnb for 3 nights, as I have been getting on with it so well. This time I had the entire place to myself! And I was in the perfect location. Up on the hill, away from the city centre, overlooking the lake. I was in complete serenity. It was like the lake, the most charming accommodation.  The owners had gone all out to make the place look so cosy and homey. Candles were lit, blankets were draped over the sofas. In the centre of the table was a little Kilner jar full of sweets and chocolates. The owners had even put out fresh fruit and pastries in the kitchen.

View from the house!

Highlights

Simply enjoying quiet time in my accommodation and of course, a little bit of craziness; Canyoning!

What did I do?

Not going to write an itinerary for this one, as a lot of my weekend was spent lounging in the house. The house had a balcony, and a sort of conservatory style balcony. It was a little cold as it was raining constantly. So a lot of the time was spent curled up under a blanket reading and enjoying the gorgeous views.


I did however go canyoning on the 2nd day. If you ever go to Lake Bled, some form of water sport is an absolute must! Rafting is a common choice and looked like so much fun. But then I noticed Canyoning. Something that I haven't seen crop up very often (not as often as rafting anyway.) So I decided to give it a go. Hey, why the hell not!

For those of you who don't know what it is, google it. You'll either poop your pants or think it looks completely incredible.
Think jumping of cliffs, waterfalls and jumping/sliding/abseiling into pools.
It was raining and thundering so the water was absolutely freezing! It was still an incredible, adrenaline-filled experience and I met some awesome people from America, Australia and Canada too!


On my last day, I woke up to find it was sunny! So I decided to have a walk around the lake, something the owners said was a must. It was so so pretty and each turn you took gave you a different view of the lake. It takes about an hour to walk round the entire lake, you can also rent bikes too.
I timed this perfectly, as the moment I got back into the house, it started to rain again!


The next day, I was dropped off at the train station early in the morning, something the owners insisted on doing. They also bought me breakfast for the journey too! So incredibly sweet :)

Then it was onto Verona, and my first ever taste of Italy!

Top Tips/Recommendations for Lake Bled

  • Get involved in some kind of water sport, rafting, canyoning, or a full day of trails/hikes. I used the company 3glav Adventures who I would highly recommend. They offer so many different options, were so friendly, and they even pick you up from your accommodation!
  • Go for a walk or hire a bike and go round the entire lake for some awesome views! Don't forget to take your camera!
  • Hire a boat and row to the middle of the lake, to the castle. I didn't do this due to the weather but if I ever return, it will be at the top of my to-do list!

Veliko Ljubenzni!
Franki xxx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© franki victoria | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig