Monday 15 February 2016

No Regrets...







An important life lesson I have only recently learnt...

Let go of your regrets.

For a while I was hard on myself about the decisions I have made in the past. But then one recent day I stopped and I thought, "Why on earth am I getting upset about the choices I have made? How much of a better person have those very decisions made me?"

I've made bad choices. I've made the wrong decisions. Hey, I'm human. Everybody does it. What's important is what you take from those experiences.

I didn't work very had in school. 

I couldn't be bothered. I got very frustrated because I couldn't adapt to the teaching methods used in school. But now I've learnt that it's ok not to be good at everything. Your teachers in school tell you that you need good grades to succeed. What if you aren't very good at essays or taking exams? But you can bake a killer cake in the kitchen? You spend all day using your camera snapping great shots? 

You do not need to be getting A's in school to be successful. Sure that's great if you want to be a teacher or a doctor. Or anything you need to go to University for. If that's what you want, that's awesome! 

But for anyone else, 
University degrees and getting top grades aren't always everything. You don't need them to become successful. 

Instead, focus on the things you love, the things that bring you more happiness than anything else, and work your butt off for them

I found that choosing to learn about the things I wanted to learn about gave me a crazy good experience. And actually I was pretty good at them. And it's ok that I have only just discovered them now. You don't have to have everything figured out in high school. (Or University/Post Grad for that matter)

I didn't get the concept of money when I was younger

Not properly anyway. And I know this may be a little tough on myself because we don't really get it when we're younger. It's something we have to grow up and get accustomed to. I spent a lot of my student loan on superficial, silly things like make up and clothes. 

But none of it matters now, it can be forgotten. It's done and I can't go back.

I spent time when I was younger chasing boys and ended up in a very unhealthy relationship for a long time. And because I was so young and naive, I knew no better. 
I didn't know how badly I was being treated. When I look back now, yes I should have realised and left sooner. 

But it's only made me even more certain of the kind of relationship I should be in, and the kind of person I want to be with. 
If I even saw the tiniest characteristic that resembled anything like a bad/abusive relationship, it would over. Just like that. Boom. Done. Bye.

I have become stronger, independent, and I learn more about myself and grow as a person every day. 
(sorry for the cheesiness)


I'm a big believer in "everything happens for a reason". I believe that each moment of your life is meant to be, and whichever situation you're in, it's exactly where you're supposed to be at that very moment in time. 

And actually I don't believe in 'bad decisions'. 

They were the choices I made at that time of my life
And I was supposed to make those choices, 
in order to be in the place that I'm in now.

If you're ever feeling rubbish or anxious about things that have happened, 
even if they have just happened, stop worrying now
I know this is easier said than done. I have to talk myself down from worrying because I worry WAY too much.

Regrets? Stop. Take a breath. Remind yourself that it is ok. Can you change anything about the past? No. Can you reflect and make new decisions for the better? 
Hell yes.

And live every day to the fullest.
Woop!

Lotsa love,
Franki 
x




Share:

2 comments

  1. Good for you Frankie ..... do whatever makes you happy & the photos are great. :)

    ReplyDelete

© franki victoria | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig