Tuesday 19 July 2016

Nutella/Snickers Cupcakes & Birthday Cake!


Despite feeling really run down last week, I had a bit of a crazy one..in the kitchen! I had unintentionally filled it full of cupcake and birthday cake baking. It was my brothers 20th birthday on Sunday, and he had put a 'not so subtle' request in for a mint chocolate chip birthday cake.

My gym, CrossFit Leeds was also putting on their annual event "One For the People". I volunteered myself to donate some cakes for the charity cake stall (forgetting about my brothers birthday that Sunday) Eeek! ...Only joking, it all worked out fine in the end!

So the week was filled with Nutella cupcakes and a Mint Choc Chip cake!


I got both recipes from the YouTuber I follow religiously; Cupcake Jemma. 

Link to both recipes are here:


She owns Crumbs and Doilies in Soho, London and I have promised myself that the next time I head down to the big city I will pay them a visit and eat as many cupcakes as I can fit in my belly :)

I would have made more Nutella cupcakes, but as I was a bit pushed for time, only made 12. Will definitely be making them again though, they were delicious (if I do say so myself!)




Baking cakes and cupcakes are probably my favourite, because I just love the decorating side! Piping icing used to be such a chore, but now it's my favourite part!

With the cake, I pretty much stuck to the recipe, except for the decoration. I chopped up some dark chocolate chips and mixed them into the mint green icing, just to give it the 'mint chocolate' look. I also decorated the cake with Oreos, as it is such a simple way to decorate and it looks pretty fancy. 



This was a few weeks ago, but I thought I may as well add them in, as I was really proud of these!

Snickers Cupcakes!


I made these cupcakes for my Dads birthday. Snickers is his fave chocolate bar so I thought it was the most appropriate flavour! To make these all you really need is a chocolate cupcake recipe with vanilla buttercream and caramel sauce. Be really savvy and make your own sauce, or buy from a shop. I made a basic vanilla buttercream, and then mixed in about 2 tbs of caramel sauce. (Best to start off with a little and taste, as you don't want it to be too sweet) I then drizzled the remaining sauce over the top of the icing and cut up pieces of snickers for the top.

Sweet :)



So get your requests in for cakes and bakes, it's quickly becoming my favourite hobby :)

Lotsa love,

Franki x



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© franki victoria | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig