Saturday 18 June 2016

Budapest! The Good Vibes...


My next stop on the trip was Budapest! I was really looking forward to this one, as for a mid travel treat, I decided to book into a hotel, as they are so cheap in Budapest! It was great to have a few days to relax and just have some time out from the madness. I had less time in Budapest, and didn't do too much touristy sight seeing. But it's perfectly fine to have a few days to recharge! I loved Budapest so much, it was definitely a highlight for me and there is no doubt that I will return! So anything I didn't manage to do this time, I'll make sure I do the next!

Where did I stay and how long for?
I stayed in Bliss Hotel & Wellness for 3 nights. This was such a lovely hotel and I would highly recommend it for a little piece of luxury at a very reasonable price. My room was so lovely, it had a small balcony and I have never seen such a big shower! The section of the hotel I was in also had a little terrace for guests to enjoy on sunny days. The hotel had a pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, gym and they also offered massages.

Highlights
Experiencing a night in the ruin bars and relaxing in the spa in my hotel! 



The Itinerary 
5th June - I arrived mid afternoon, after a slightly stressful time at the train station, involving wandering up and down for the not so clearly advertised information desk. When I arrived I wasn't feeling all that great, so I hung about in the room and on the balcony for a while, and then headed out for a quick stroll and some dinner. When I got back to the hotel I just fancied a chilled out evening so watched a couple movies on Netflix.
6th June - I woke up and decided to head downstairs for a swim in the pool. It was lovely and warm and it felt so refreshing to get swimming. I made use of plenty of the facilities and went in the jacuzi and the sauna! It was so nice to just feel relaxed. I decided to book a massage for the night before I left, as the prices were so cheap! I booked in for a 1 hour Swedish massage, and it cost me £20! Then in the afternoon I decided to go on one of the free walking tours they offer in Budapest. This was a great way to learn about the city when you don't have much time! The tour guides taught us about the rich history of Budapest, and both sides, Buda and Pest. We also walked over the chain bridge to the Buda side, for some great views of the city. I'd highly recommend it, particularly if on a budget. (Although, don't forget to tip what you can afford!) I met a few lovely people and got chatting to a fellow solo traveller. We really hit it off and decided to go for drinks that evening, and discover some of the great ruin bars of Budapest. The two bars we spent most of the evening in were Kuplung and Szimpla. (Szimpla was recommended to me by Eszter, who I stayed with in Vienna!) we had such a great night and the drinks are unbelievably cheap! If you're after a budget weekend away somewhere, Budapest is definitely a great location! 

Walking the bridge from Pest to Buda

7th June - No surprises here, but I wasn't feeling too fresh the next morning! So I lazily watched a movie in bed, before heading out for a quick stroll around the area and then heading back to make use of the spa facilities in the hotel. I then met up with the same friend for some dinner where we went back to the ruin bar, Kuplung (which does food by day). I ordered a bowl of Goulash, the Hungarian specialty, which I had never tried before! It was delicious, and a little comfort food was exactly what I needed. I then headed back to my hotel for a relaxing, evening massage! I then got an early night, as I was up at 6 am the following day to catch my train! 

I would normally give some recommendations for Budapest, but as I wasn't there that long and just really used the time to relax a little, there's not much I can recommend! I will however, write a new Budapest bucket list for when I return!
  • Spend the day at one of the thermal baths (sadly I didn't have enough time for this!)
  • See the Shoes on the Danube Bank
  • Go to Fisherman's Bastion
  • Explore more of the ruin bars! 
I will definitely be back soon, and will make sure I do everything I didn't get a chance to this time!
Sok Szeretettel!
Franki xxx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© franki victoria | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig