Thursday 7 January 2016

Aspirations for 2016



Well, 2015 came and went quick as a flash. 

But honestly I'm glad it's over. I can't stand the whole 'new year, new me' crap. But I do like the idea of starting fresh. And although it's a cliche not to keep your resolutions, I love the idea of everyone trying to get a little closer to their goals and aspirations. 2015 definitely had its rough patches, so here's to a new year!

When I look back over 2015, there's only one moment that really stands out. And that was travelling around California. It was honestly the best two weeks of my life, I wish I could have stayed longer. And it really inspired me to do so much more. Experience as much as I can, go after every available opportunity, and just enjoy living in the moment. (Forgive me for the cheesy, I'm like mature cheddar.)

But seriously, it inspired me to just seize the freakin day and go after what I have always wanted, and get lots of things crossed off my bucket list! At the end of the year I want to look back with a huge smile on my face and think about everything I did and achieved. I want to have millions of moments that stand out! So I'm writing it down, not only for you lovely readers but also for me to look back on (and to make sure I get up off my arse and get them done!)

So these are my aspirations for 2016...


  • Travel. This gets the number one spot, as this is the year I will actually take it seriously and commit to going travelling. I've been juggling the idea of South East Asia and Interrailing around Europe. And after a bit of thought, I'm following my gut and I really like the idea of travelling around Europe over Summer. Some parts alone and some with friends. South East Asia is still on the wish list though, and I will definitely tick it off eventually.

  • Keep learning Piano and Guitar. I've always loved music and I've always wanted to play at least one instrument. I've been 'dilly-dallying' around for ages, not taking it seriously enough. But this year I am determined to actually get stuck in and keep learning. For those of you who watch my YouTube channel, I love to sing more than anything and I have always dreamt of accompanying myself. So this is the year I get serious and practice both regularly. Will keep you updated!

  • Explore new ways of keeping fit. So I used to go to a regular gym quite a lot, but I found myself just feeling a little bored. And although I do miss it a lot and am considering going back, I have discovered lots of great home workouts and have gotten involved in an adult Gymnastics class at my local club. I've also pushed myself out of my comfort zone by getting a bike! This year I'd like to explore other types of fitness, such as Swimming, Climbing and maybe even a little bit of Cross Fit!

  •  Commit to blogging and YouTube. So I haven't been very good with being consistent in blog writing and making sure I upload regularly to YouTube. And I am kicking myself for it! I know a lot of my week is busy with a full time job. But it doesn't mean I don't have any spare time at all! And a lot of it is just down to laziness! (smack round wrist and sit in the naughty corner.) So I am going to try damn hard this year to keep things regular because I just love it so much! So expect weekly blog posts and videos... and if not feel free to give me a telling off!

So those are my aspirations! I do have one tiny resolution that isn't really an aspiration, but at the start of the month I started collecting all the £1 coins I get given in change, that just get thrown into my purse and spent on rubbish. Every £1 I get will go into a little money box of mine. Give it a go! It's a fab way to save a decent amount of cash, without really knowing! (Once it goes in the box it gets forgotten about!)

Hope you enjoyed reading and I will be coming back to this post regularly to make sure I'm getting them done!

Happy New Year and I wish you so much luck and happiness with your aspirations! Let me know what yours are in the comments. And I'll leave you with a couple of dreamy photos of Yosemite, The Grand Canyon and San Francisco. Shot on film by my brilliant brother :) Check out his Tumblr page here




Check my brothers Tumblr page with lots more snaps, here.

Lotsa love,
Franki xxx



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© franki victoria | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig